Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WEEK 3: My Reflections

As we come to the close of Week 3, I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with the progress the ladies have made. I have noticed a major improvement in the food journals as well as the how hard the ladies push themselves during our sessions. Even though they are rolling their eyes and snapping their necks they are excited about getting a good workout!

As I reflect on this journey, I would like to leave you and my participants with a few thoughts that I have learned from this boot camp and from my experience as a personal trainer and health educator.

“Being healthy MUST become a way of life…not just something you do for a short period of time to reach a goal.

Every personal trainer has their own teaching style. For me, I do not use diets to help my clients obtain their goals. I use the substitution and modification method. This way you gradually work your way to a healthy lifestyle. Yes, the process may be a little bit longer than some, but in my opinion the long term benefits are more important.

"Focus on small incremental changes that you can maintain."

I have learned that you cannot force a healthy lifestyle on anyone. I use to take everything to heart when people didn't want to listen to my message or didn't want to attend my bootcamps, but I quickly learned that everyone must make that choice for themselves. With that being said, I encourage you to "make a healthy lifestyle change for yourself before its too late!"

** Be on the look out for information about September’s Boot Camp. Encourage others to participate**

1 comment:

  1. One realization I now have is that I eat more than I think I do. Generally, I make healthy food choices, but as the saying goes...you can have too much of a good thing.

    ReplyDelete