Monday, August 9, 2010

Week 2 ON DECK!!

Today as the clock strikes 6:30 we will begin Day 1 of Week 2 of the “Last Chance Fitness Challenge.” As we go into this week, I will challenge the ladies to push themselves harder than they did the previous week. Today I will collect their food journals and “grade” them to help the ladies see what areas need improvement. I’m particularly excited about this part of the challenge because I often find that even when people think they are eating “ok” the journal says otherwise. I’m able to find all of those hidden sugars and fats that are either causing weight gain or hindering weight loss. After receiving their “grades” tomorrow, the ladies will be encouraged to adjust their eating habits in order to help them achieve their goals.

If you are interested in how the challenge has been for the ladies check out the excerpt below from Monique B. I look forward to Monique pushing herself even harder this week than last week! ENJOY!

For the first week of boot camp, things ended on a good note. The first workout day was pure hell, but once I realized I was still alive I was okay for the 2nd and 3rd day. The biggest struggle has been the way I eat. I do well on some days and then on others I fall off bad. Fast food is so easy to get hooked on and hard to stop eating. McDonald’s is my biggest obstacle on this journey to weight loss; their French fries are my enemy.

I am still recuperating from the soreness of all my body parts. Every muscle in my body ached. I have to tell myself over and over the payoff will be worth the pain. I must challenge myself to go hard the two days we exercise by ourselves. It is easy to make an excuse when you are alone; I give the faithful promise of getting to a workout the next day. The next day turns into the next day, and I am at waking up Sunday with only one additional workout day accomplished.


** Don’t forget to send me your fitness questions! nhill.fitness@gmail.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment